From: amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amc-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of farna@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2007 8:38 AM
To: AMC-List
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Gone

Lincoln Town Car also utilized the "Panther" platform for a number of
years, but I think in recent years it may have been revamped <<

whose frame was, according to Ford's own figures, some 85% new in 1998,
with addition of Watts linkage to four trailing (ex-Panhard rod...)
arms,  and its 117.7" wheelbase was, of course, later supplemented by a
123.7" "L" model.  Its history will, of course, be longest remembered in
caps: THE LAST OLD AMERICAN MOTOR CAR!  Or, of course, it could be in
-cabs-.
------

Watts linkage as of 98? That might be a source for a rear axle for big
AMC cars, but wouldn't fit the 63-66 Classic and older "big" cars.
Still, makes me wonder if the linkage is adaptable, and how much welding
would be involved. Now I'm going to have to crawl up under one if/when I
see it in a junk yard!

http://tinyurl.com/2qyayk

--
Frank Swygert