[Amc-list] cam drive gear for distib.

Hi guy's and doll's been away awhile..here's my problem.took my 68 jav sst
to a shop in jax fla. With  a chassis dyno To fine tune a holley fuel inject
sys. He found a few problems before he got to the dyno.it seem's that my
distributer and drive gear [cam]  was shot..also excel coil shot.my question
this engine only has less than 10,000 miles [390 bored/stroked] what would
cause this. talked to few dealers in parts on line and most advice I got was
lack of oil..[dist. did have some slop/play in it] will most likely add
external oil line for timing cover and just replace dist. And drive gear.so
if any of you have any thoughts and advice greatly appreciated..  UPSET AN
ARAB.BREW MORE ALCOHOL   ; }