Re: [Amc-list] Ford Explore Rear End in a 70 Javelin?

Re: [Amc-list] Ford Explore Rear End in a 70 Javelin?

" From: "Ron Akerman" <amc70jav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
"
" I have access to a salvage yard that may have what I want. What year Ford
" Explorer Disc Barke rear end will fit in my 70 Javelin? Has anyone on the
" list done this conversion? Spring perches need removed & rewelded? Any
" special coding and/or numbers on the rear I need to look for?

afaik they're all the same size, but '96-up have disks and 31 spline
axles.

" I'm looking for a farely high rear end for long distance cruises 2:80's to
" low 3:00's.

i think they're all geared around 3.73.  you can get taller gears for
the 8.8 but i don't think you'll find them in the exploder axle.