[Amc-list] Ford Explore Rear End in a 70 Javelin?

[Amc-list] Ford Explore Rear End in a 70 Javelin?

I know this has been discussed on the AMC Forum, but it is down and I can't find the info I need.

I have access to a salvage yard that may have what I want. What year Ford Explorer Disc Barke rear end will fit in my 70 Javelin? Has anyone on the list done this conversion? Spring perches need removed & rewelded? Any special coding and/or numbers on the rear I need to look for?

I'm looking for a farely high rear end for long distance cruises 2:80's to low 3:00's.

Thanks for any help on this in advance.

Ron Akerman
amc70jav@xxxxxxxxxxx
Rogue Valley Rumblers