Re: [Amc-list] bell housing

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" We need a way to VISUALLY identify bellhousings!
"
" []
"
" Three engine patterns, two? depths, large number of trans
" patterns, and for all 1960+ eights and sixes. Is that
" it?

engine patterns - early v8, early i6, late i6/v8.

i count 8 tranny patterns i know of:
#1	t96/car t14 [lower 2 holes moved with switch to tranny rear mount]
#2	t86/t90/t15/jeep t14
#3	t89/t10 [i'm assuming they're the same]
#4	t150/t17[678]
#5	sr4/t4/t5
#6	t18/t19 [did jeep ever use t19s?]
#7	ba 10/5
#8	ax15/nvg3550

#s 1, 4, 5 are shallow; 2, 3 deep.  t18s have been made in many
versions; i would think jeep's were deep but thought i heard late '70s
cjs used a ford-pattern box, sharing the t150 bell.  #s 7 and 8 are
unique and specialized.

btw top 2 holes of t15 and t10 are the same.  dual-pattern v8 bells
are very common '68-'74.