Re: [Amc-list] Attention Jim Blair

Jim,
Thanks for the reply.
That's interesting, I mean about the patent thing.
I'm sorry I assumed you had a parts book
when you wanted to know the casting number.
Any way looks like I'm back to square one.
If anyone can help me find out what this thing is for sure
I would certainly appreciate it.

Joe,
Thanks for the reply.
I took apart a Jeep 20 axle about a year ago with just the crappy tools I
had laying around the garage.
It was a 3.54 open differential. It's not really as tuff as one thinks,
except for pulling the hubs off of the axle shaft.
I appreciate your help. Also just so no one gets this confused I'm thinking
I have an AMC 20 twin grip NOT one
from a 15 rear end. To the best of my knowledge they are not
interchangeable. The 3.54 differential I have appears
to be same size physically as the twin grip differential. I'm just not
thoroughly convinced unless I know the casting
numbers on it are for a 20.
I kind of thought that Jeep guys would be pulling the 2.73 gears in their
Jeeps and putting in steeper gears, but maybe not.

Thanks again all,
Armand

P.S. This weekend I'm going to look at the two carriers very closely and
make some kind of an evaluation from that.