[Amc-list] 65 classic/287

i have been out of the loop all week. in the army and
had to go to the field all week. and of course it had
to RAIN ALL WEEK.... go figure huh? so, i didnt get to
work on the 65 none. yesterday however, i took the
factory holley carb apart, cleaned it up and tossed it
on to see what it would do. ran somewhat better. i
think that edelbrock is just to big for the 287. i
know the 327's off of the jeep trucks LIKE the 600
edelbrocks. loose a little off the bottom end, but the
mid and upper end gain a lot. i have to replace the
fuel pickup in the fuel tank. dropped the tank a week
or so ago. the pickup was plugged up with gunk. got it
opended up. plugged up again already. car was parked
with an alost full tank of fuel. didnt realize it was
that full till i went to drop it. put about 4 gallons
of new fuel in it. didnt know there was so much OLD
fuel. have a gallon gas can sitting ontop of the
steering box right now to move it around the driveway.
next saturday, here in town is a car show that has a
random drawing for all entrants for $5000. hope to
have the 65 running so i can have 2 entries. casper,
(the 62) will be there. should have my new tail light
housings/lenses here on monday. still hoping to find a
bellhousing/clutch setup to put my t86 with o/d in it.
would be cool to find a twinstick console to put in
it. couldnt beleive how much that t-10 trans with
bellhousing and everything went for. $710. was hoping
would go cheap enough i could afford. psh. ya right.
will see if i get anything done on it today. still
need to replace the left rear floor. on a tornado
watch all day today, suposed to storm and all. not
sure if im gettin anything done.. there is also the
race on today. not lookin good for the 65. hope
everyone has a great weekend.

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules