Re: [Amc-list] Gabriel "Classic" shocks...

Re: [Amc-list] Gabriel "Classic" shocks...

Front Shocks for trunion equipped AMC cars have been treated as
discontinued or limited addition shock absorbers for quite a few years
now. This is a list of possible candidates and the years that they will
work in that I put together a few years back. It does show up on some
web sites since then. If anyone has anything that fits earlier cars I
would appreciate it.

The following part numbers are for Front Shocks for the trunion front
suspension cars, 1969 and earlier.
This shock seems to be a discontinued or limited addition shock absorber
depending on the manufacturer.
Any description I have for the shock absorber is listed if known, other
wise it is just a part number and I do not know the quality
These shock absorbers will fit the front only for AMC/RAMBLER
automobiles as follows
American 1964 - 1969
Javelin 1968 & 1969
AMX 1968 & 1969

They also can be found on the back of:
Ford Pinto 1971 - 1980
Mercury Bobcat 1975 - 1980

NAPA LE10006 - Gas charged Delux Limited Addition
Gabriel - 82069
Monroe - LE10006
KYB - KG4503 Gas-A-Just Shock absorber
KYB - 55472 Heavy Duty Oil
Delco - 520-318
Firestone - 48480.
Carrera - 3956ss heavy duty model. Steel small body, chrome.
Carrera - 2657 standard model. Economy. White painted Steel.

John