Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

Re: [Amc-list] ELECTRO-RAMBLER =revisited=

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" I think the guy meant energy usage efficiency, not motor efficiency.
" Drawing less amps means the motor and controller doesn't get as hot,
" and the batteries aren't depleted as quickly, so range is increased.
" This implies overall efficiency of the SYSTEM (as installed) is
" increased.

but: if he's drawing high current from the batts at batt voltage,
that means high power, and if the vast majority of that power [>90%]
isn't coming out the motor shaft it's making a mockery of pwm
controller and electric motor efficiencies.  -massive- heat
dissipation!!!  and high power coming out the shaft should mean he's
either accelerating like crazy or climbing a steep gradient.

" I'm trying to figure out what's implied as happening, not taking him
" literally.

me too.  he put the system together very well, but he strikes me as
more of a mechanic than an engineer.