[Amc-list] WOO HOO!!!!

i do have a couple questions however. my tsm talks
about a throttle valve cable. i can not find any cable
going to the trans that goes into the engine bay. just
the shifter cables. second, there are 2 wires coming
from the trans. when we got the car, the head had been
torn apart and machined. there was a contact switch on
the intake manifold with only 1 bolt. i am assuming it
is some kind of kick down switch?? but how the heck
does it mount? i cant figure it out. im kinda
confused. there is a vacume line that goes into the
intake and trans. hooked up.

It sounds like a later model transmission was put in there. Check to see
if it has the big hole in the side of the bell housing, passenger side
of car. Hmmm... the later model liquid cooled trans will bolt to that
bell and use that converter though. Does it have lines to the radiator
from the trans? The vacuum modulated air cooled trans is a model 37 and
didn't come out until the mid to late 60s. Otherwise it could be a model
4x. In any case, the electric kick-down and vacuum modulator eliminates
the cable. Before you run it to much you need to look at the data plate
on the trans (near shift lever) and figure out what model trans it is.