Re: [Amc-list] 77 Hornet AMX 4 speed

As far as I know, the only V8 offered in the Hornet for 1977 was a 2bbl
equipped 304 and in the AMX which was a mid year trim option on the
Hornet. The SR4 Transmission was offered for both the V-8 and the I-6.
This was also the only year that the AMX was a trim option to a marques
rather than a marques onto itself. The 1978 Concord based AMX was the
same situation, a 2bbl equipped 304 V8 with the SR4 transmission. The
2bbl equipped 258 I-6 was the only other available engine.
In 1979 which was the last year a V8 was offered in the automobile once
again the 2bbl equipped 304 V8 was the only available engine and the 4
speed was the SR4. The AMX options were with those 2 engines.
In 1980 the only engine available was the 2bbl equipped I-6 with either
the SR4 transmission or the Chrysler sourced torque flight. This year
though that package included a lock up torque converter. Of interest
though for 1980, to the best of my knowledge it was the only year there
was a base model AMX.
John.