[Amc-list] 287 stuff

the stock 2 bbl is pretty nasty. i have a brand new
edelbrock 600 sittin here. i got one of them adapter
plates. going to see if i can get that 600 to work
with that adapter plate. my buddy (up in oregon) that
i grew up with has a bunch of them old gladiator
pickups. has a couple 327's. i know them 327s LOVE
them 600's with a 4 bbl intake. i have nothing else to
do with this 600 so hopefully it can be used instead
of collecting dirt.

only reason i wanted the hollow pushrods was for the
oiling capability. i figure a little extra oil on the
rockers. i know thats a weak point in the valvetrain.
i was doing some cleaning on them, and looks like they
have been heated on the top of the shaft before. kinda
a blue coloring on the shaft where the rockers sit.

i dont need something for the race track. i just think
it would be fun to have something that could "handle"
an occasional blast down the 1/8 that we have on the
edge of town. im not much into racing. i just want
somethin that can put some civics to shame from time
to time. :-D

dave stohler
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules