[Amc-list] GREG TAYLOR'S Turbo Gen. 1 AMC Engine

[Amc-list] GREG TAYLOR'S Turbo Gen. 1 AMC Engine

Call MANLEY valves in New Jersey -
ask for a catalogue - you want their:

'Pro Flow' undercut valves is what you'll want
unless you sling a salvage Turbo under the
floorboards - then I'd look at a cast iron one
piece valve or MANLEYs Inconel.

Valve size for the Gen 1 - from my readings -
are pretty much it as to 'bigger valves' -
engines can take 23lbs. boost - which is
another way of getting A/F into the engine.

Crankshafts are forged - block can take Boost.

As for all the important AMC Gen. 1 & 2 information -
a lot was compiled by Greg Taylor on his www.Turboboost.com
site - now defunct - see below - we need to find if he still has
the site infos' to transfer to the AMCyclopedia - it's a large chunk -
for people with early AMC engines.

I can't believe we let it slide past without anyone Archiving his
efforts.........I might have something on a disc somewhere -
way buried in .zip files - don't hold your breath.

amcturbo@xxxxxxxxx
was his eMail:

Greg Taylor is his name:

Was an amc-list member at one time.

He owned 'Team Highball Spirit AMX Race Car #67

http://tinyurl.com/2hrgom

=or=

Go Here:

http://tinyurl.com/b1md

enter this:

http://members.xoom.com/amcturbo/

Here is a s'nippet':

Team Highball Spirit AMX Race Car: No. 67

I recently purchased this ORIGINAL race car, will  restore it and
race it in SCCA Club Racing in the Super Production class.  It was
originally raced from 1979 thru the mid-80's by Amos Johnson and the
crew of Levi's Team Highball.  It has had a variety of engines and
raced both road racing series and endurance races.  Once restored,
the car will be powered by a Twin Turbo 250 RAMBLER V8 that will
generate near 800 HP @ 6500 RPM and 25-pounds of turbo boost!  Once
the car and driver are "broken in," they will return to Daytona for
the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona endurance race.   If you'd like to know
more about the car's past racing history, current and future plans,
select the "No 67 Race Car" button to the left.

Rambler V8: The Ultimate Sleeper Motor

Details on the 250, 287 & 327-cid Rambler V8'S made by American
Motors from 1956 - 1966 (used in full-size Jeep's from 1965 - 1969).
This engine was never seriously considered for performance use ...
until now!   You definitely NEED to check this information out!

If anyone knows GREG TAYLOR - we'd like to talk with him.....

we will not contact the Authorities nor INS -  you have our word. ;)

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe
   "The Heretic"

From:           	Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        	Re: [Amc-list] Turbo Gen. 1 AMC Engine

I don't have it, need to start reresearching things.
If anyone finds anythign on head info for the GEN I pass it along.
I have Datsons, "books" here somewhere and as et of heads I need to
drag in and start looking at.
I'm think of looking for some compatable valves with reduced stem
sizes to increase flow some with out major work to overly enlarge the
seat areas.
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV