From: <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 65 classic 327 auto

> The biggest thing to worry about with the trans is the age. The Iron
warner behind the 327 is a fairly dependable tranny when in good shape. Do
all the obvious things, fluid change and if you can find a good trans guy
get the bands adjusted properly. It's not a "race" trasn though and too much
hard abuse will kill it. Especially as old as it is.

> You guys out there in the low rust zones, suck!  Thats one solid looking
Classic. Not many 327 cars surviving anymore I'll bet. Keep an eye out for a
four barrel intake. beware of buying one online. they are heavy and it costs
a few bucks to get one shipped!

> yes, it's torque tube. If your afraid of the tranny and really want to
play look for a 65-68 Jeep with a 327 and auto. it will have a buick
nailhead turbo 400. You need all the assorted adapters for it and it is
heavy, but it is the only real option to ditch the borg. The torque tube has
to go with the borg.  I'm thinking of using Nascar/62-73 Chevy truck
trailing arm rear suspension in my 65 Ambassador, but i fully entend to try
it with the Borg first. I would like to think the car will give me a break
on the trans, but I'm not sure. The one in it shows 103,000 on the clock.
The spare in the flood car shows no water on the dispstick and 60,000, but
they are both a crapshoot.