Re: [Amc-list] Fw: AMC parts-needed

Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " From: Hobby Luther   wti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "
> " Eddie,I need following.
> " []
> " 3)gas cap (w/body contour) for 66 American(or later).
>
> be advised - the filler panel is the same shape '66-9.  the gas tank
> is the same '66-9.  the filler neck is not!  my '66 cap -would-not-
> fit my '68.

The filler neck size change happened during the 1968 model year run. I
think the opening got smaller but since it's been almost 10 years since
I found that out, I'm not 100% sure. Station wagons also use a different
cap than the other models (you can use a non-wagon cap on a wagon but it
looks weird). Also, just to clarify Andrew's comment about the shape of
the tail panel, the center part where the gas cap goes has the same
contour but that's a one year only panel due to differences in the tail
lights.

Getting back to the filler neck, if you happen to come across a bone
yard cap, just grab the filler neck and you'll be all set if it is
different.

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx