Re: [Amc-list] HEI distributor in AMCs

I'll second that. I worked for a large tuneup chain in the 70s and 80s, our
official policy was .060" max, regardless of the spec. Putting them at .080"
would fry caps, rotors, even coils. They would still fire with the rotor
contact and center button virtually gone, burning a hole right up into the
coil before the car would finally die...

Kelly

On a side note, it was fun to make a looooooong plug wire for an HEI, wait
for a cow orker to go to the restroom, and attach it to the distributor on
one end and the GM/HEI car on the other and fire it up. Hi jinx ensued!