Re: [Amc-list] HEI distributor in AMCs

IMHO those Chevy guys don't know what they are talking
about.  1975 was the first year GM used the HEI in
Chevy sedans.  That particular year of distributor had
balance weight bushings which wore out quickly and
affected timing.  Also, some of the early modules were
affected by heat I think.  GM quickly remedied those
ills and the HEI has an excellent reputation.  40,000
to 45,000 volts really makes a difference in the
ability to fire a spark plug.

And why else would a company like DUI adopt that
design for an aftermarket line of distributors?

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA