[Amc-list] sending so I don't forget (diesel MJ)

[Amc-list] sending so I don't forget (diesel MJ)

The .55 OD gear is probably NOT a good idea!! The engine wouldn't be
turning enough rpm to build any power, so 6th gear would be near useless
unless going down hill. With a diesel it might be better, but even they
need to turn a minimum rpm to produce power! Automotive diesels aren't
like the big stationary types that produce gobs of power at 1500-2000
rpm -- with a redline of about 2200!

--------------------------
Jim,

Do you have a link or any more information about the 6 speed
automatic
to the AMC 6?  That would be great with the 3.52 first gear and
a .55
or so 6th gear.  With a good VW TDI, 40 mpg would be easy and
with a
long bed 23.5 gallon tank I could fill up once a month or so.
Even
better if I put a 20 gallon XJ tank in where the spare is.

John Jackson