[Amc-list] replacing a headliner

  I was in Portland this weekend and picked up few parts at a salvage yard for my 71 Ambassador.  I pulled the headliner out and the sides that hold it in were already off.  I just had to take off the interior black molding on the corners and the front and rear window molding and it dropped down.   So what I am wondering is how the side trim comes off.  It does not have screw showing like the other pieces did.  Has anyone taken one out before?  I am worried if I take out the one that's in there that I will ruin the side pieces and not be able to get the new one up.
      The interior of my car is all black except for the headliner and it is white with brown/gold specs.  It is in okay shape except for some dirty spots and when I try to clean it seems to soak in the dirt.  I could just dye the one that is in there black, but the one I got is black and in really good shape.  I will only have to dye the sun visors which are the only other thing white.  Anyhow if anyone has taken the headliner out before and knows how those side pieces come out and if it is possible to do without ruining them, I would like to know about it.  Thanks, John.