Re: [Amc-list] Ambassador for sale

> Subject:
> [Amc-list] Ambassador for sale
> From:
> chris taylor <wulfenus@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date:
> Fri, 30 Mar 2007 14:09:17 -0700 (PDT)
> To:
> amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> To:
> amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>  2 door ambassador for sale (no not by me), don't
> think those are common:
>
>  http://austin.craigslist.org/car/302634496.html

Although I have enough projects to consider, this car intrigues me; I've
always wanted either a 64 Classic Typhoon or a full luxe Ambassador
2-door hardtop. With their roof line, to be they best embody the
ultimate look of the 64-65 American 2-door hardtop. And this car, like
most 990H's, is fully equipped.

Is there anyone in the area that can take a look at it for me and get
some photos? From the ad and photos it looks like it will need a lot of
work (looks like a $5000 money pit to me to get it where I would want it
to be) but I may be wrong.  Does anyone know if the dash from a 65-66
Ambassador would fit? I believe the cars share the same basic structure.

On an unrelated note, who has had a B-W automatic transmission
overhauled?  I will need to get one serviced and the shop told me, after
advertising $399 for most RWD 3-speed transmissions, mine will be $595.
That's probably fair but I don't like the thought that they are taking
advantage of me because the car is somewhat rare and unusual.

Thanks,

Richard Truesdell
Editorial Director, Automotive Traveler
http://automotivetraveler.com/magazine.php?mode=1