Re: [Amc-list] Temp Sending Unit

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Ross Guistino wrote:

> I've got a '73 Gremlin with a 304 that has a non-functioning temp. guage.
> I have replaced the temp sending unit and cleaned the contacts in the wire
> leading from the unit to the firewall.  What else can I do to test or
> repair the guage?

Simple test: If you GROUND the wire that goes to the sensor, the
gauge should run to maximum hot. It takes a good 30 sec to do so.

If it doesnt, either the wire doesnt reach the gauge, the
gauge is shot, or whatever.

if the gas gauge works at all, then the voltage regulator,
which is contained in the temp gauge, works.