Re: [Amc-list] Sins

" From: "Mahoney, John" <jmahoney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Among them were two I'll mention: a pearl white Lincoln Nav that made
" me think of jokes and a red Saab 9-3 that made me think of my final
" new AMC acquisition --- the red/black Eagle wagon that began its
" final months of existence exactly 20 years ago now.  (It was taken
" for a joyride [by two barely-teenagers] and dunked into a Finger Lake
" come the final fatal AMC fall; no new Eagle wagons available and I
" probably would not have bought another one anyhow; old story, been
" told.)  That SUV was brand new, with temporary registration in the
" windshield and was not wearing an optional chrome "brow" above its
" grille, but it still looked so silly, I laughed.  "Look what a 2007
" American luxury station wagon has become.  Overpriced, oversized,
" overweight, or overdone?"  That SportCombi was almost as new, with a
" hunkered-down style and a matte trim my old Sport had had, but it
" still looked so much like an Eagle that I sighed.  "Look what a 2007
" car can be when it's not American.  Shapely, stylish, refined,
" powerful, and economical."
"
" And it's built by GM.  Not in America.  How come that can happen?  Huh?

it's built by gm only technically, because they bought the company.
saab was building sylish, refined, etc cars long before the general
showed up with his wallet - and they were for sale because their
profit margin was vanishing.  supposedly gm still loses money on
saabs.

i can't dispute your view of the navigator.  i'm still dumfounded to
see a -truck- with pw/pdl and -leather-, never mind the entertainment
system.