Re: [Amc-list] WANTED: six cylinder 4V intake and carb

And a good "thunk" it is!! I seem t0 recall the Jeep guys liking the adapter now. If I find a 390 4V carb at a good price that might be the ticket. Don't know if I'd want it for a 450, but may work just as well. My 2V carb seems to be okay, but since changing...

-----
Date: Saturday, March 17, 2007 12:04 AM
From: John Elle <johnelle@xxxxxxxxx>

Frank
Snip
Haven't seen a used one listed. If anyone has one for sale let me know!
I have to replace the intake gasket on my J-10, so this might be a good
excuse to get a 4V...
Snip
whether it would work or not for you, but I have given some thought to
the aluminum AMC 2bbl manifold used in 1981+ and a 2 to 4 bbl adapter
to mount a 4bbl on an AMC I-6. I would also use the exhaust manifold
for those years too as there is not direct connection to the aluminum
intake and that package would eliminate excessive carburetor heat. Out
here I would not even bother with hooking up the heater hose to the
manifold either. Today it hit triple digits. Plenty warm enough not to
use anything thing that caused additional heat in the intake manifold.
By using the AMC manifold you would not have to worry about not having
power option or accessory mounting bracket problems. This method would
probably allow the use of EGR too if it was needed to pass smog where
ever you live. Here, the car would probably require certain smog
components installed and functioning in order to pass smog.
Just a thunk.
John

--
Frank Swygert