Re: [Amc-list] carb leakage

A: I'd run a carb kit for a '69 Ford pu with 390. The power valve requires
very low vacuum before opening and from the drained fluid in your plenum,
I'd say yours is currently torn or stuck.

From: Wayne E LaMothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Amc-list] carb leakage
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am running a motorcraft 2100 on my 258.  I purchased it as a
rebuilt
about a year ago and have always noticed a hard start issue when
cold.
then it loads up but runs fine after I clear it out.  Got tired
of that
scenerio so I put the Holley 4V on it.  When I pulled the 2100 I
noticed
a large pool of gas in the bottom of the intake.  Ah hah, me
says, the
fuel bowl is draining out overnight.  Since the carb ran great
after
initial startup I do not believe there are any real issues
internally
other than the leak down.  What would cause this?  I would like
to cure
this ailment and will put a kit in the carb but I want to pay
particular
attention to this area.  Where should I look?

Thanks
Wayne