[Amc-list] Grand Unified Brake List

http://wps.com/AMC/AMC-brakes.html

It's getting absurdly long, and it's still in temporary form.

It's still missing late-model "donor" info.

The TSM-based data is correct (typos are always possible) and
I'm filling in replacement-part data. That's a hell of a lot more
error prone! NAPA and RockAuto simply don't categorize the cars
as AMC did, for one, and sometimes the descriptions are vague
(eg. I know there's two rear drum sizes, but the store doesn't
say which).

I still can't find anyone who lists 10x2.5 rear drum replacement
part as available. 10x1.75 is common.  I can't find any
replacement 10x2.5 front drums either.

Some early Americans front drums are the same as later-model
rear drums.

There are four different combo valves. Many truisms I've heard
here are not necessarily true:

* Front disc/rear drums, the rears always need/get proportioning. WRONG!
* Front disc/rear drums, front always gets metering. WRONG!

...meaning the factory shipped pretty much every possible
combination. Presumably the factory did skid pad testing or
something, I doubt it's random.

I will eventually add a column for rear brakes, "AMC15"
vs. "AMC20", but I think that every possible brake drum combo
was avilable on all axles.

Only four sizes of drum brake were ever used since 61 anyways,
front and rear:

9x2
9x2.5
10x1.75
10x2.5

Nearly all were Bendix. A few were Wagner. Stores claim the
same drum for some bendix and wagner setups?

Dic brakes: basically there's K-H which are fine but rotors
are expensive. There's the funny little 4cyl bendix rotor,
the low-drag caliper [and drum?] then the big single piston
bendix. That's the one everyone wants for swaps. Simple!

The 10x1.75 rear drum seems to be the best choice for upgrading
those dinky 9" rears. Very common!

If I can only find a source for front 10x2.5" replacement drum...