Re: [Amc-list] Blue LED's tamed

As others have said, it's a little tricky recommending resistor values
without knowing the specific LED in question, but I won't let that stop me!

Blue LED's do have a very bright appearance, and frankly, I'm not
surprised at the desire to tame them a bit.  I've got a couple of stereo
components which use them as power indicators, probably for the cool
factor, and they annoy me with how bright they are!  I haven't torn
things apart to alter the resistors yet, but I have looked at the
schematics with that intent!  In these particular devices, the Blue
LED's, are driven from a 12 vdc regulated supply, through 3k97
resistor.  So I can believe that 15k might be an acceptable value!  I'm
an electronics guy, and I understand the comments from those saying that
200-300 ohms is normal, but those values are for the red or green
variety.  The blues (and whites) are just way way more efficient and
require much lower levels of power.

On a completely different note, did anyone else have a feeling of deja
vu, when Daimler said they were thinking of selling off Chrysler, but
would keep Jeep, as it had real value?

Cheers,

Dave