[Amc-list] Brake shoe material

Ross,
Thanks,
snip
It's been my experience that metallic pads really chew up rotors that
 don't have a perfectly  flat and true surface.
Snip

my practice is I don't routinely grind rotors or drums unless they are
already warped, and once ground I have found that they warp sooner.
I have had front pads go as little as 25,000 miles before they are dead
to as much as 90,000 miles depending on the car and whether it
has much compression braking characteristics or not, such as late
freewheeling type front drive automatics used by GM. My olds ate
brakes up. Most cars that I have owned I have driven through their
life with out having to touch the drums or rotors. Although my
Mitsubishi had a rotor ground due to warping 180,000 miles. I bought
 the car new.

I have used nothing but semi-metallic replacement shoes or pads for
about 50 years now and prefer their stopping power and longer life.
Sure would like to find out what ceramics characteristics are though!

John