Re: [Amc-list] New lifters old cam

From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] New lifters old cam
To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ok,  OK,  I'll definitely drop that idea Brien and Nick. But thanks for
giving
me a reason to argue with the wife why I need a NEW cam too !!

Actually I was thinking of installing the old cam in an engine that has over
100,000 miles on it,
and that I was planning on pulling from the car after "experimenting" with
the engine a bit.
It still makes more sense to spend another 100 bucks or what ever to get a
more reliable set up.

Thanks Brien and Nick for saving me from myself and my Rambler mentality,
Rofl.

Any one else know of more cures for Rambler Mentality??

Armand

Dude, A 100,000 miles plus motor! That's horse of another color.
Chances are the motor fairly
ragged out as it is. Especially if it's an experiment . I'd though
the cam in with a set of good
USA made lifters and see if self destructs . WE were all probably
assuming you had $$$ in a newly
rebuilt motor and just trying to save a couple $$$. LRDaum