Re: [Amc-list] South African Rogue

When I had the drive shaft shortened in my 68 American for the T-14
swap, a lot of vibration went away. Of course, the T-96 was completely
trashed so I'm sure that had something to do with it. If still has a lot
of vibration but it has 10 year old tires, the front suspension is
really worn, and the rear axle bearings are shot. Also, my 67 American
cruises at 70+ mph with no vibration at all. Both the engine and
transmission have had work but the drive shaft and rear axle are
original. The thing is anything that turns can cause vibration. Drive
shaft and tires/wheels are probably the most common but you can have out
of balance drums and I bet a bent wheel will cause vibration at speed as
well.

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx