Re: [Amc-list] South African Rogue

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> My 69 with good condition leaf springs, stock AMC-15 rear axle, T-5 and a Pinto driveshaft does not vibrate at all.
>  All my original driveline Americans had some vibration that I always put down to their not being designed to be run at 70mph! [Not that it was even legal to do so at the time I owned them]

Huh?! Even a 1bbl 199 american with slush-o-matic bald tires and
9" drums should do 90, even if it's gotta work to get there, and
not vibrate noticably. My Hornet does 90+ easy with no vibration,
and my driveshaft is 1" too short. (I know, I'm an idiot.) My
disaster of a 59 American with *flathead* 196ci did 80 with the
pedal literally on the metal (I was an idiot -- 20 yrs old :-)
though it did not like that one bit thank you. Didn't vibrate
that I recall, or at least that wasn't a memorable part of the
otherwise unpleasant experience.

There are no intentionally built-in vibrations reachable through
(ab)normal circumstances.