Re: [Amc-list] What Would Have Been in the 1968 AMX Glovebox?

Re: [Amc-list] What Would Have Been in the 1968 AMX Glovebox?

For starters, there would be an owner's manual and a warranty book for
sure. It probably had an accessory booklet (both of the AMC's I've had
with original glove box stuff had these items). One of my cars had the
window sticker, the other had the bill of sale. There were also tags
used on various things that sometimes are saved.

To add more fun to the hunt, there were sometimes various printings of
some of the documentation (I think some of the stuff had three different
printings for 1968 and if I'm not mistaken, they have different covers).
For example, the AMX was a mid-year introduction so there would have
been different accessory booklets for when they came out. Depending upon
how far you're willing to go to get the documents correct, it could be
quite the challenge.

Matt

ArtGumbus@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello List:
>
> I am a new member and also a fairly new AMX owner.  I have a 1968 AMX  390, 4
> speed, with Go Pac, Rally Pack gauges and Sidewinder side exhausts.   This
> car is essentially totally original and has only 13,800 miles on it.   (however
> the air pump is gone).  The color is Rally Green Metalic with the  tan
> interior and white ralley stripes.  The original bias ply red line  tires are on the
> car.  Well cracked but there.
>
> It has been in storage since late 1968 when the first owner purchased  it.
> To make a long story short, he drove it for about 5 months then came  close to
> killing himself in a spinout and just put the car into his barn near
> Gettysburgh, PA.  He is now 72+ years of age and decided to move on so the  car was
> sold... to me.
>
> I have been restoring the car as time and funds allow.  However, the  entire
> contents of the glove compartment are gone as the owner said that either
> chipmunks or mice ate the manuals up over the years.
>
> Come to find out, while doing a heater core repair,  the paper was all
> jammed in tiny pieces above the heater core box... by some varmint(s0
>
> So now for my question....
>
> What documents and manuals and such would have been supplied by AMC in the
> 1968 AMX glove box?
>
> Thanks Art in CT

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH