[Amc-list] (no subject)

Snip
My high beam switch (83 SX/4)appeared to be inop as I
used it and then it would not turn the high beams off.

 I thought the switch was broken as I could not feel
or hear the usual click when pulling on the turn
signal lever
Snip

Are the high beams controlled by the turn signal lever on this car? The
newest one that I have paid any attention too was an 82 and they were
controlled by the foot operated high/lo Switch.
I have however, seen a lot of melted and burned out connections at the
high beam switch on the floor on those cars I have pulled parts from
and/ or repaired of my own. This can be seen by pulling the rug up on
the drivers side from around the switch. Sometimes easier done after
removing the package tray and drivers kick panel in order to make it
easier to pull up the rug.
John.