[Amc-list] Great AMC day, Feb 3rd - visit to Dale Adams in New Market, V

[Amc-list] Great AMC day, Feb 3rd - visit to Dale Adams in New Market, VA , 10 AMCs...

  Our club got invited to a viewing of Dale's private
AMC collection up in the Blue Ridge mountains, he had
bought several of Lew Brown's collection, including
the V-8 Pacer wagon. When I got there, I was awed, he
has quite a collection, he's quite fond of wagons, as
he had 5 of them. The sweetest by far is his personal
conversion of an AMC Metropolitan into a station
wagon, in turquoise and white, BEAUTIFUL car, just
awesome. In addition to the V-8 Pacer, he had a V-8
'72 Gremlin in green, which had a possible dealer
conversion when new with some hi-po parts, the car had
a fuel tank cut-off switch in the center console,
reason Dale thinks it's stock is that all the
components underneath the car are undercoated same as
the rest of the car, gas lines, valve, etc. First one
I'd seen like that. Car was so clean, too! Looked very
close to one I saw at the National show in
Gaithersburg, MD last year, same color, too. I think
the other guy had a black interior,though, this one
was tan.
  Other cars included 59 and 60 Rambler wagons, 65?
rambler wagon, Concord D/L, 990 Ambassador, 66
American convertible in dark aqua. His non-AMCs were a
58 Edsel wagon, a '48 Chevy 1-ton truck, a 70's
corvette, a 60's corvair, some some Pontiacs and Fords
from the '60s. All were very nice, and his 25+ car
storage area was equally impressive. He even had his
own lift in one 2-car garage attached to his house!
Talk about tool-envy.... LOL! Wow.
  Great guy, I thanked him for letting us visit. Wish
I coulda stayed longer, but the wife wants to check
out hot tubs, so I had to leave early. I did take 74
digital photos, and 24 film photos. His collection
make's my 20 cars look like junkyard acquisitions (
hey, some of them are! ). Oh well, not all of us are
so lucky to be able to afford the restorations done
quickly, or even buy nice cars up front. I enjoyed the
visit, and  I'll see about posting some to my Flickr
account today ( search on Gremlingts in www.flickr.com
).
  Well, that's all for now, AMC ya's...

Jerry Casper