[Amc-list] Rambler Reliquary

All of this bandwidth over a car that rolled off the assembly line before they even became Ramblers! Me thinks they should be dubbed Fool
framed!!!!!!............
<<

Pity thee: bandwith now becometh holy oil?

Dark Ages cometh anew with Global Warming?

Park thine Prius; prepare thine prie-dieu.

http://tinyurl.com/yspgkm

Seek the light.  Let the sun shine on AMC.

Why should AMC fans be second-class citizens collecting third-rate cars built by a fourth-drawer auto company?  Shouldn't AMC be all it can be?

Think harder.  Think deeper.

Think longer and then write.

Me didn't thunk when Ramblers first rolled?  If not of two-wheeled types

http://www.sellwoodcycle.com/albums/posters/rambler.jpg

(Ooh-la-la!) Messrs. Gormully and Jeffery built from 1876 to 1900 or the four-wheel wagons (Don't get a horse!) that rolled off lines until 1914,

http://tinyurl.com/3yxu77

Me forgot [That's me excuse!] Rambler's role in its next rollout?  Ouch!

http://tinyurl.com/38cf55

If Me thinks Me to be an AMC man, March 1950 must not be a far-off time.

If Me thinks mine treatises make Me "King the AM Clan", me thinketh not.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bnf/images/bnf015.jpg

Me might mistake mine Pacer for an Edsel, mine Javelin for a pretzel, or mine mind for a Wasteland.  Mine AMC brethren (AMC sisteren appeareth to be long gone from AMC Listland) might take mine foolhardiness for Joker, not Gremlin, and bar from mine eyes both AM knowledge and Kenosha gold,

http://www.nashparts.com/Signs/52sign200.jpg

so Me may think thrice before Me putteth foot in mouth "si vite Encore."

And if Me speaketh nor readeth Renault, Me must learn Japanese instead.

Think about that.

Still havin' fun?

Vex me not with facts, heathen. The truthiness of my beliefs is
vindicated by the conviction with which I hold them. I go with my guts...
<<

http://tinyurl.com/2yj9d4

And ask ye not "Whither AMC?" but look ye 20, 30, 40, 50 years anon. Nothing must changeth.  Sing ye all the olde self-defeatist AM song.

"Act like they're gods, egos inflated
Small-minded fools, all so conceited
Follow your heart and hear them cry
Because fools never die"

(from Sweden's "Nocturnal Rites"...)

"But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don't bother, they're here."

(From Sondheim's "A Little Night Music"...)

"Send in those soulful and doleful schmaltz-by-the-bowlful clowns."

(From Springfield's AMC-loving "The Simpsons"...)

http://download.lardlad.com/sounds/season4/kancelled11.mp3

KISS.  "Keep it short, stupid"

ITFS!  "It's the fans, stupid"

Growth?  "Don't seek, won't get."

Museum?  "Don't need, won't pay."

Value?  "Don't want, won't earn."

Facts?  "Don't ask, won't read."

Film?  "Don't watch 'Marshall'."

AMC?  "Don't worry, be Elcar."

Krusty the Klown is kancelled?

American Motors is all gone?

Fools are everywhere?

Fiction beats fact?

Just smile.

You're on.

On Stakes' funnin', DaimlerChrysler now makes Mercedes and Dodge.  Oops!

http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/MB_CL600_720_1024x768.jpg

If the finest automotive styling still were truly price-dependent,

http://www.tocmp.com/pix/Dodge/images/1964%20dodge%20ad-02_jpg.jpg

something might be a wee bit off in AuburnStuttgart Hills.

If beauty truly is NOT in the eye of dumb/blind beholders,

http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/dakotaamc/images/CThompsonMarlin.jpg

another model from the family tree might be seen as the true M-B-beater. But since AMC does not want truthiness, lookiness, and longlastinginess, it is seen as funny old joke.  A clown car.  Tee hee hee.  Just an AMC.

Image is almost everything in new --- or old --- cars.

Look in the mirror.  Like the view?  You da AMC man!

As you prepare to drive yet another new Asian car bearing a name debuted by AMC, note that just over 30,000 of them were built in 1981, 1982, and 1983.  If you can drive, buy, or build one that looks very original, you might be the picture of happiness.  A Rogue is a Nissan SUV, an SX4 is a FWD Suzuki sedan, and the world of wheels keeps on turning.  Too bad SX4 (it's penned by the same designer as the 1988 AMC-Renault-Eagle Premier,

http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/H2685.jpg

is related to a Bollywood Baleno (that looks like what failed to Ionize

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1512&print=1

Honda when built by GM, is a cousin of Fiat's Sedici, not Fiat's Bravo,

http://www.infomotori.co.uk/a_17_EN_17467_3.html

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/fiat-bravo-1/

which is quite a beauty, whether or not it ever drives back to America.

Ah, bandwidth: doesn't AMC deserve it?

If so, what happened on February 5th?

Methinks you should know.

Ramble on.