Re: [Amc-list] AMC-List aluminum Radiators

Re: [Amc-list] AMC-List aluminum Radiators

RE:AMC-List aluminum Radiators

I called Doug Noland and talked to him about his custom AMC aluminum
radiators. Below is his web site address. The web site is old , as he
had some one else do it for him and he does not know how to update
it. The price has gone up at least $100 since the web site was put
up. Doug has a diagram of the dimensions of the radiator you need for
an AMX or Javelin. The radiators are made by C&R Radiator the same
company that does all the NASCAR racing radiators. Doug tells me the
problem with doing a radiator for an AMC is the core is 24 inches
wide a size not used in the auto industry any more. The auto industry
has gone to cross flow low and wide radiators , basically the old
radiators turned side ways. The AMC Radiators are tall and narrow ,
then what is standard these days,  and in order to make one ,two
cores must be welded together to get the 24 inches. What Doug Noland
told me on the phone is will not find any one to do a cheaper
radiator of quality type. You may find some one  who makes a lesser
quality unit for  about same price or more . thanks LRDaum

http://www.customaluminumradiators.com/