Re: [Amc-list] Radiators

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> why not make just the low tank rad?  any reason it would not fit the
> other apps?

Good point! Top tank size is no big deal if the top hose and
cap don't move around too much. If you're stuffing in an alum
rad you probably don't care about factory appearance.

In fact, an inch shorter overall height hardly matters, since
the aluminum radiator cools so much better. With flippable
brackets it would be as close to one-size-fits-all as I've ever
heard of! Though we can't test 'em all, between us we can get a
good barn door shot at it. AMX, Jav, Hornet/Gremlin, American,
Rambler, that's a lot of cars for such a crucial single part. And
an increasingly hard to find one, even for a crap part.