[Amc-list] AOL users, please read...

If you are an AOL member, please read this.

The only way to get onto the AMC-list, and receive these emails,
is to have signed up yourself. You may have forgotten, or not
realized that signing up meant you would get email. That's OK;
we'll remove you if you ask without a moment's hesitation.

However, please don't complain to AOL. It is *technically
impossible* for someone to have signed you up to the
AMC-list. The AMC-list software requires you to perform two
steps:

* Go to the AMC-list website and type in your email address.

* Then reply to an email that the AMC-list sends you, confirming
   your signing up.

This is to specifically PREVENT someone from signing you up! (It
also makes sure you typed in the right email address.)

It's totally fine if it was a mistake; we'll gladly stop email
to you.  But when you complain to AOL "I didn't sign up for
this" or whatever the AOL option is, AOL automatically treats
the AMC-list as an evil spammer and that stops ALL AOL AMC-LIST
MEMBERS FROM GETTING THEIR MAIL!  And causes me untold hours
of grief to convince corporate monolith AOL that we're just a
small hobbiest list.

Please direct ALL problems -- angry, happy, whatever -- to
me personally, or to Frank, or to the list itself. I will not
flame you in return; I'll do whatever you need done.

I just changed all AOL (and WEBTV) members to DIGEST mode,
to head off any further problems. If you really want plain
individual email I'll change you back ASAP.

tomj