[AMC-List] Dumb Question Maybe - Speakers in Series

[AMC-List] Dumb Question Maybe - Speakers in Series

I recently bought an 8 ohm 4x10 speaker from an outfit
in Minnesota for my 77 Gremlin.  I am using a 75/76
Motorola/AMC radio.  I mentioned that I may go ahead
and put door speakers in the car too with the AM radio
and change to an AM/FM later.

The radio actually requires 4 ohm speakers.  The guy
at the speaker vendor said to put the door speakers in
series and the 8 ohm speakers would have an equivalent
impedence of 4 ohms.   Correct?  If so, how do I put
these speakers in series?  Like this?

 ============+============== +
              dr. speaker      dr. speaker

What I'm concerned about is balancing the impedence of
the dash speaker and the door speakers.  The shop guy
said this is important.  I feel pretty dumb because I
minored in physics college back in the stone age (and
had at least one electricity and magetism course in
college) but have forgotten just about everything I
learned apparently.

Joe Fulton
stymied in Salinas, CA