[AMC-List] NoGo on picking up another SC/Rambler

[AMC-List] NoGo on picking up another SC/Rambler

Well I took the four hour drive to NY to pick up the SC that had been on eBay about a month ago but it required way more work than I wanted to undertake so I am sure it will be popping back up for anyone who wants a solid restoration candidate.

I was really looking for a car that was in need of some moderate body work and a paint job or one with a decent body but in need of a drive train rebuild or replacement.  Although this car had some great parts (including a cross ram!) and a newly rebuilt engine and tranny, the body needed more attention than I have time to give it before this summer so  I regretfully passed on it.

The owner is a good guy and very fair so if anyone else is interested in the car I am sure he would be very interested in talking to you.

What I would really like for a new toy is a convertible so if anyone hears of a solid body V-8 Rogue convertible popping up, please contact me at d.curtis@xxxxxxxx  And thanks to those who responded to the SC clone convertible that had been on eBay a month or two ago.  Unfortunately it was a six cylinder auto car which is not what I am looking for so I passed on that one as well.
--
Best Regards,
Dan Curtis