[AMC-List] Upholstery Question

Does anyone here have any experience restoring/sewing/installing vinyl on their project cars?  I've started rebuilding my seats on the Typhoon project, and though the covers are relatively easy to make, the sub-structures are a bit daunting to me.  Do you use cotton or foam on the rear seat back, and what thickness, etc.  If anyone has information like that on their web sites, please let me know.

The Typhoon is moving along nicely, and I'll update photos on my site soon so folks can view and comment.  This is all new to me, and any help will be deeply appreciated.  Still have a '66 American to do, so I'd like to get the Typhoon moving along.