Re: [AMC-List] new car, new ideas

A: I think you misread or I misprinted. My plan is to make the D20 work on the driver's side (LH) and keep the axle in OEM Eagle positioning. Exhaust piping is easy since the diff and driveshaft don't move. I may get something else up my sleeve though. I've been offered a Jeep NP219 and if my eyeballed calculations are correct, I may be able to get away with it and not mangle the floor.

Jim, you can't just flip the Eagle front axle to the right side,
you
know. How do you plan on overcoming that little problem?
Swapping left
and right side axle shafts and tubes? Seems like it would be
better to
leave the drive on the left and bend a new head pipe. You'll
have a lot
of floor work either way.

-------------
  My plan for the Spirit (I keep trying to call it an AMX
because it
reminds me of the '77 I had to part for the motor to go into my
'73
J4000)
is to put EFI on the 258 and a lockup 727 trans (pretty basic to
this
point
but now it gets "different") then put a Dana 20 tcase on the IH
727 (off
an
AMC 6 rig) and flip it to the driver's side. Top that off with
an AMC
Eagle
front axle and sub frame and Jeep XJ rear axle (I have a 3.07
geared
pair)
  I'll have to mod the floor a bit on the driver's side, but
not nearly
as
much as for the regular tcase used in Eagles.