[AMC-List] Date Coded (Packard Electronics) Wires Trivia

[AMC-List] Date Coded (Packard Electronics) Wires Trivia

I work for a precious metals recycling firm here in
CA.  Until about one and a half years ago, the Delphi
Electronics facilities supplied a lot of precious
metal scrap to our facility.  When we were audited by
Delphi in 2004 or 2005 I mentioned that I had an old
car at home with date coded Packard Electronics spark
plug wires (my 1966 Rambler American with factory
wires).

The rep said he was very familiar with that product
but that Delphi had recently gotten out of that
business and had sold thousands of sets of date coded
wires to a another company which intended to keep
supplying date coded wires using the Packard logo and
date coding system.

I don't know who that vendor was, but evidently the
products are still available.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA