Re: [AMC-List] 65 Marlin Instrum Bulbs/headlight swtich

Re: [AMC-List] 65 Marlin Instrum Bulbs/headlight swtich

The two big differences I've seen in switches is how they mount and the
wiring connector.

Also, the last time I replaced a headlight switch (78 El Camino which
had the same problem as your car), I had a heck of a time finding a
decent switch. I started with one made by Wells and it was just garbage.
It was literally worse than what was in the car. The second one I tried
was made by Echlin and it had a bad circuit breaker in it. I ended up
with one made by Borg Warner. My 68 American has one made by Standard in
it which has never given me a problem but I replaced that switch about
10 years ago so I don't know if the quality is still there or not. My
advice to you is to buy either a Borg Warner or an AC Delco switch.

BTW, I was looking on AC Delco's site and the switch you want it C1549
(they didn't have it listed under the Pacer but I was able to cross
reference one of the switches from Advance's site) and it was used up to
91 in the Cherokees (and mid 70's Dodges) so you could always pick one
up from a Jeep dealer if you wanted to.

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx