[AMC-List] 2x or 3x carb intake for 196ohv

[AMC-List] 2x or 3x carb intake for 196ohv

I have been watching Ebay for a long time to find a dual 1bbl carb setup for
a 196ohv engine. At the same time I am considering putting in a 290 that
I've found in my '63 american convertible. I am a pretty good fabricator, so
I can make the intake. However, I am concerned about starving #3 and 4
pistons. Also, if anyone has some advice on shoe horning a 290 into a '63
breadbox, I would greatly appreciate it.  Oh yeah, I fogot about the T14
trans that I got on Ebay.  It looks like a direct swap, pilot end appears to
be longer than the T96 od thats in it. I have not taken it back out to
compare the two yet, as the garage gets awful cold up here in northern
Michigan this time of year. THANK YOU all,   redamc1963@xxxxxxxxxxx