Re: [AMC-List] What's it from/for Metropolitin swap???!!!

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Mark Price wrote:

> Anyone know what this little bugger was originally built for?
> I wonder what it would take to convert it to run on alcohol? It would make a nifty little Genset or???  powerplant!
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220061076066

I just (weeks ago) looked at, and drooled on, a military surplus
power unit (GPU?) that's a multi-10KW electrical generator
driven by a very small jet engine. The WHOLE THING is a fat
suitcase, sat 32" x 32" x 24". Including the jet engine,
gearbox, generator!

Apparently they're around 100hp. Someone I was with stuffed
the motor from one into a motorcycle.

Suuure would be a nice fit in a bathtub rambler! 100hp ain't
much, but it's 15% more than stock, and the damn thing would
run on kerosene.