Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control

Re: [AMC-List] Thinking about Cruise Control

Unless your in a hurry I would look for a GM based add on kit on evilbay.
The magnetic kits do work well though.
   Pulling cruise from any later model using the GM column will also work as long as it worked in the car it came from of course!
  The main benefit you get from th efactory kit is not having the added magnets to deal with. You do have to change your speedo cable out to get factory units installed.
  Don't get anything from an efi equipped vehicle or try to add cruise to a standard shift unless it is specific for standard shift! The EFI vehicles usually use the ecu to run the cruise, you don't want that and the programming of the standard shift units is different, plus the added clutch dissengagement switch. A friend put on in a stick car from an automatic. It did not work right at all and was downright dangerous!
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net