Re: [AMC-List] carb rebuidl help

Ken you mentioned only pulling the top off the carb. Well, it's time to
pull the whole carb. Sounds like the idle circuit is plugged or
otherwise fouled and needs to be cleaned. Pull and strip the carb, let
it soak overnight in cleaner, then blow all passages out. If you don't
have compressed air spray carb cleaner works great, just watch your eyes
-- that stuff burns!! There are a few blind holes or very small passages
that half of what you spray in comes back at you! That should solve your
problems. Check the fuel pump also. It could be out of whack and
overpressuring the needle/seat and leaking into the oil. But I think
you've got it pinned with the carb.

Note: I realize you may know some of what I mentioned above, I just
write most replies so even the newbies will know what to do.