Re: [AMC-List] t-89/r10od

Jay, that thing won't bolt to the 232 bell. The input shaft on the V-8
trannys are a couple inches (or close to that) longer than the six
cylinder inputs. The T-89 has the same input and main case as a T-10.
you'd need a six cylinder T-10 bell -- I think it's the same depth as
the V-8 bell to use the exact same trans as the V-8, but they are also
rare. I've only even heard of one or two. They were apparently used in
Mexico, most likely in trucks. Dave mentioned that this one has a
different bell than his 196, so it has to be a V-8 bell.

The T-85 was used as a HD trans behind the early sixes, I think.

If you need OD parts the OD unit itself is the same on ALL the BW OD
trannys. Only the 1"-2" thick adapter that holds the solenoid is
different between makes and models, six or V-8.