[AMC-List] Missing parts/wrong parts listed.

[AMC-List] Missing parts/wrong parts listed.

I wrote this plaintive missive to the techies at my company. Hopefully it
won't bounce back like all other tries online and by phone.

Who can I contact with info on missing part numbers/incorrect listings for
axles and pieces thereof online and in stores? I'm concerned with the
paucity of information and scarcity of ways to cure the problem. What good
is a store full of parts when you try to look them up in a computer and get
the message "Look in the NAPA catalog for a listing" when there are how many
catalogs?
   I work for NAPA in the Bellevue, WA store and I get probably a dozen
calls a week from people in other stores looking for stuff that isn't listed
or incorrectly identified. (specifically dealing with AMC/Jeep stuff but I
have parts employment experience with Ford and repairing other makes as well
from being a mechanic for nearly 30 years)
   When I try to use the in store discrepancy report system, I often get
error messages which is an incomplete send (same thing happened when I tried
just now with the online report from home) and often ends up in a lost $ale
for me and many others. I don't have the time to look everything up when I
have up to 10 customers in front of me so a quicker discrepancy reporting
system, ie: a page link with incorrect or missing part space where it can be
entered would help considerably.
   Prime example: American Motors and Jeep have been using Dana 35 aka Model
15 axles since the '60s and maybe before that, yet there is no listing. I
have to get on an internet capable computer (which is only the manager's
machine and more often than not busy) to search the competition's site
(Rockauto.com for searching and cskauto.com/Partsamerica where I used to
work and I used to have a direct pipeline to the website techs, largely due
to many of them being Jeepnuts too) to get their number then use our cross
reference to get our part number to sell the customer the correct part. Half
the time I can't even access our own website due to dialup connection errors
and the old books have wandered away from our shelves.

  In this case (what inspired this extraordinarily long email out of
frustration), the correct part number for the Model 15/Dana Spicer 35C diff
is NGA P27801 and used from the '60s till now (in smaller Jeeps and most
AMCs).

Remember: A customer who is told we don't have a part or is sold the
incorrect part becomes far more likely to shop elsewhere in the future.

The greybeards like myself won't be around forever so it would be wise to
get the info now while you still can.

I rest my case. Perhaps this should've been called "Diary of a mad
Partsman"!