[AMC-List] OT: Pics of the river washout from last week's flood

[AMC-List] OT: Pics of the river washout from last week's flood

Yesterday I finally went up to my cabin to see how things looked (my cabin came through fine. We had a couple branches and 1 dead tree fall on the property nowhere near the cabin) 3 major sections of the road were damaged and there was almost 3 feet of mud that someone with a tractor scraped off the road.

This section is patched just before the road goes over the railway on a bridge. The Railway is on the top right (level with the guardrail) There was a logjam at the railway's bridge over the river, which caused the river to flow down the railway tracks and wipe out the road. It used to be up level with the railway in this pic. One of my neighbors got stuck last night 1/2 way up the other side with a Dodge 1 ton 4x4 while pulling a trailer (pics REALLY don't show how bad it is. The bouncing took out his driveshaft) Luckily my '73 Jeep J4000 is sure footed and even made it in and out in 2wd while towing another Jeep.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/washout2.jpg[/IMG]

This shows the drain pipes that were washed out from under the road.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/washout.jpg[/IMG]

This Silverstream trailer was underwater at the river's bend (they were upstream of the logjam).

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/trailerwasunderwater.jpg[/IMG]

This is the collection pool at the bottom of Sunset Falls (road has been mostly rebuilt here already) Water was up to the front yards of the cabins next to the road. The falls are just off the pic to the left.

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/sunsetfallspool.jpg[/IMG]

Another view of Sunset Falls. (zoomed in!)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/sunsetfallsandrailbridge.jpg[/IMG]

My view of the river. We were smart to buy on top of the hill as it is solid rock and unlikely to slide (cutting into that hill to build my new house will be a pain though!)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/myviewofriver.jpg[/IMG]

Bottom 1/2 of my property. (taken from the spot where my Cabin's porch used to be years before)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/bottompartofmyproperty.jpg[/IMG]

debris washed up all over the place. I didn't get out and walk closer, but some sections were piled 20 feet high with logs. 1 house went downriver (I didn't have time to get a pic of the one that was lifted up 10 feet after the last flood. High water mark was 9 feet up the stairs and branches were stuffed into the steps all the way to the top)

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/debrisfield.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/debrisfield2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/washout/debrisfield3.jpg[/IMG]

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial! http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail